Why West Bay?
Established in 1981, West Bay Christian Academy was founded to partner with parents seeking a Christian education that is academically excellent for their children. West Bay is an independent Christian school located on a beautiful 5.5 acre campus with nearly 150 students from Preschool through 8th Grade. West Bay students represent over 40 churches and numerous Rhode Island communities.
For over 30 years, the Academy has provided a safe, nurturing environment where faculty and administration are invested in the academic, spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of each child.
“I find that my son is making very good life choices in the tough social environment of high school due to the solid foundation established at West Bay.”
– Parent of a recent graduate
West Bay offers…
- Spiritual Formation: West Bay integrates a Biblical perspective into all areas of our students’ experience. The West Bay atmosphere encourages students to develop a strong Biblical foundation as well as an understanding of the importance of following Christ’s example in their daily lives.
- Academic Excellence: Our conceptually-based, spiraling curriculum provides a context for exciting learning experiences and the development of strong academic skills.
- Experiences Beyond the Classroom: Students have a wide range of extra-curricular activities and community service opportunities from which to choose.
- Affordable Tuition: West Bay makes a conscientious effort to offer its excellent program at an extremely reasonable cost. As a result, our tuition is considerably lower than many other private schools in the area.
- National and Regional Accreditation: We are accredited by NEASC and ACSI and have “School Approval” from RIDE.
- Comprehensive Facilities: West Bay’s campus includes a gymnasium, library, gym, art room, music room, science lab, computer lab, and soccer field.
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
West Bay is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), a Christian educational organization whose goal is to advance excellence in Christian schools. West Bay and our teachers benefit from professional and personal development from the ACSI network, which emphasizes the spiritual, academic, and cultural growth of each student.
Northeast Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
Founded in 1885, the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc. (NEASC), is the nation’s oldest regional accrediting association whose mission is the establishment and maintenance of high standards for all levels of education, from pre-K to the doctoral level.